[TowerTalk] remote coax switch

Mark . n1lo@hotmail.com
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 08:15:44 -0500

Hi John,

John asked:
<< Hi, A friend is looking to mount his Ameritron Remote Coax switch on his
mast between to of his VHF beams so he would only need one coax loop to
turn. Any thoughts on this idea? Thanks- John W9RPM >>

Multiple cables are not a problem for rotator loops. If there is more than
one, I unitize them by taping them together every 8 inches or so.
More important in my mind is the ease of maintenance and access to the coax
switch and pigtails from each antenna. It would be far easier to install and
maintain if he mounted it on the tower and not the mast, eliminating the
need to climb any higher.
You would also be able to check each antenna with an analyzer via its
pigtail, while securely belted to a tower section instead of the mast, out
of the near field of each antenna.
Another advantage would be the ease to add, say, a wire antenna, suspended
from the tower, and add its feedpoint to the coax switch.

Good luck!

--...MARK_N1LO...--