[TowerTalk] resonance/swr/impedance plots

i4jmy@iol.it i4jmy@iol.it
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 17:06:16 +0100

.

> Make it longer, and a simple fixed series capacitor will take out the
> reactance and give you a 50 ohm feed point with no reactance, properly
> tuned. Further, the ground losses have been reduced by a factor of  4
> ( I squared R loss) since the current at the feedpoint is cut in half.
> The antenna is NOT resonant, as you point out, but it's BETTER.

No, the ground losses are exactly the same they were.
Symply the highest current point (and losses) are moved away from
antenna base so making a need to increase radials density at farther
distance from base.
Stretching to the limit, an Half wave vertical against a ground plane
has nearly zero current at base, but along radials the current is
present beeing maximal one quarterwave off.

73,
Mauri I4JMY

> Regards, Guy
> Apex, NC