[TowerTalk] Dissimilar boom sizes - how to put them together?

Stan or Patricia Griffiths w7ni@teleport.com
Sun, 01 Oct 2000 13:01:26 -0700

Hi Bob,

I would prefer to use larger tubing for booms that long so I would be inclined
to cut the 24 foot piece into two 12 footers and put a 10 or a 12 foot larger
piece in the center.  Anyway, for two pieces of fairly large tubing that have a
sloppy fit, I would find some thin sheet to make a shim out of.  You can cut
the sheet to the right size of rectangle and have it rolled into a tube at a
machine shop.  There is no need to weld the seam.  If one shim is not enough,
use two.

Stan
w7ni@teleport.com