[TowerTalk] Boom to Mast Fixture

W3GCG@aol.com W3GCG@aol.com
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 13:57:09 EDT

At W3GRF's, we used 70' of Rohn 25 for the boom of a 40 meter, 4 element yagi
on a 100' windmill tower.  We had a steel plate, 1/4" thick, welded to the
center of the tower and U-bolted it to a horizontal pipe which was U-bolted
to a vertical plate on the mast.  It is called the PVRC mount so that you can
tilt the boom over to attach the elements.  Balance is the key and ropes out
from the ends that you can drop to the ground to pull the boom down or up on
the PVRC mount.  Hope you can visualize the mount,  A picture would be worth
a thousand words here. 73, Willy K3VW