[TowerTalk] R7000 input connector

Richard & Martha Wilder wilder@abs.net
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 16:25:42 -0400 (EDT)

Last night, I also appeared to have an input connector
intermittent.

First, I found that I could not connect a mil-spec (UG-')
adapter to the R7000 box because the box connector did
not extend far enough to grab the first UG-' connector
thread.  A regular connector only grabbed a couple threads
and I question if that really pulled the center prong far enough
into the box connector.  The problem is that Cushcraft has not used
a connector that will extend enough through the box, mounting
bracket, lock washer, and nut.  I removed the lock washer
and nut and was able to make a connection.  THIS SEEMED TO WORK
but I ran out of time and have not given it a good test.

73, Dick, K3DI
  Dick's lifetime address is k3di@arrl.net