[TowerTalk] Tic Ring rotor calibration ?

Albert L. Bailey Jr. k8six@bignet.net
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 20:19:34 -0400

I just put up a Tic RIng rotor and I am having trouble calibrating it. I
thought the controller was bad and sent it back but it didn't prove to
be the case.

If I adjust it South of West to 180 it is off on the East side and once
I adjust that it is out of calibration on the West side again.

Also once it is close if I put it to the North it is 10 degrees off. Am
I being a purest or what ? The potentiometer reads 489 ohms across the
whole thing and I can check the resistance at various settings and it
seems to be working OK.

Any ideas ??

2 Meters  175 Worked  175 Confirmed  36 States 3 via HSMS
6 Meters  425 Worked  405 Confirmed  50 States 29 Countries
70 CM      57  Worked    54  Confirmed 15 States

IOTA's   857 Worked 818 Confirmed

73 de Al
K8SIX in EN82jj ( EX: KB8O )