[TowerTalk] Multi-band verticals on sea water pilings

Georgek5kg@aol.com Georgek5kg@aol.com
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 23:23:11 EDT

Hello,

I have recently moved to a new QTH in Siesta Key, Florida.  The rear of my
property is on a sea water canal with access to the Gulf about 1/4 mile away.
 At the rear of the property are several cedar pilings along a sea wall.  The
pilings rise above the water level by about 6 feet.

I am considering mounting a multi-band vertical on a piling (or two verticals
and phase feeding them depending on spacing requirements).  I would like to
hear from anyone with experience with verticals on pilings over salt water.
What suggestions do you have regarding the physical installation, radials,
spacing, feeding, height above the water, etc?  Also, what brand/model of
multi-band vertical would you recommend or not recommend?

Tnx in advance...73, George, K5KG

George I. Wagner, K5KG
941-312-9450
941-312-9460 fax