[TowerTalk] MFJ 259B

Rick Bullon kc5ajx@hotmail.com
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 03:19:40 GMT

I recall there was a lot of
>discussion a couple of years ago about the MFJ-259B, almost all of it good
>(forget the grid dip meter option).  I'm just looking for a quick
>"temperature check."  Are people still satisfied?  Have they held up?
>
>73, Pete Smith N4ZR

Hey Pete
I have a MFJ 249 and a 259B both work great no problems with either one. The
only complaint I have is removing all those little screws when I need to
change the batteries, with the 259B you can use nicads and  and charge them
inside the unit from your 12v dc power supply.
Unless you are in a hurry for the unit don't pay the price that MFJ
advertise it for. I bought mine new on ebay for around $125 and I have seen
them at hamfests for around $199.
There has been some complaints about using it near a BC station but I live
so far out in the boonies that I don't have to hassle with that.
73
Rick
KC5AJX