[TowerTalk] MFJ 259B

K3BU@aol.com K3BU@aol.com
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 08:04:28 EDT

In a message dated 10/20/2000 11:20:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kc5ajx@hotmail.com writes:

> I have a MFJ 249 and a 259B both work great no problems with either one.
The
>  only complaint I have is removing all those little screws when I need to
>  change the batteries, with the 259B you can use nicads and  and charge
them
>  inside the unit from your 12v dc power supply.

Same here, plus the stupid pushbutton power on switch, that gets depressed
when you don't want it to, by the time you get to the top of the tower,
batteries are dead :-)
When you carry that thing in a pocket or pouch, you are bound to depress
power on.
Otherwise it is a neato gadget!

MFJ and W8JI: please change that to rotary switch with knob or add it to the
band switch! (Unless you have a stock in battery companies).
New model in lieu of suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Yuri, K3BU