[TowerTalk] C3-SS Problems sort-of resolved

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 12:43:55 EDT

In a message dated 10/20/00 7:47:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time, wd3q@erols.com
writes:

> The antennas is ~6-2/2 feet above the peak of the roof on a 4-legged
>  roof tower.
>
>  In checking the SWR, it appears to change depending on the position
>  (dorection) of the antenna relative to the roof.  Parallel to the peak
>  is different than perpendicular to it!
>
>  Is this normal?

    Sort of. I've found that the C3-SS is much more sensitive to just about
anything in close proximity. Tom says that being up higher should get rid of
the problem but sometimes you don't have that option. Even seemingly
non-conductive stuff like roofing materials seems to affect it. The only
thing you can do is to keep the built-in ATU turned on so it'll flatten the
coax. Not the most elegant of solutions but it works.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech