[TowerTalk] Florida Ham fights UV - uses tape???????????

Guy Olinger, K2AV k2av@contesting.com
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 08:59:00 -0400

My C31XR's PVC insulators *ARE* the gray type. And they are always in
the shade. I've heard a lot about F12 antennas, but never heard a
*report* of what you're worrying about.

But if you want to wrap them before putting an element in the clamps, a
careful wrap with a scotchkote cover can be made to look very neat.
Sloppy black at antenna heights is when the tape comes loose and flaps
in the breeze.

I would be inclined to wrap it for salt air if you're anywhere near the
coast, mostly to preserve the element insulation if you have other
antennas near it.

Regards, Guy
Apex, NC