[TowerTalk] TowerTalk] LMR-600 for rotor loop??

n8ug@juno.com n8ug@juno.com
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 21:57:45 -0500

Gerald's good advice is correct, Rick, and, depending on the power level,
there are several other good choices: For high power, and about the same
loss and cost as LMR600UF, our RG217 type with stranded conductor is very
popular, and will last longer due to it's solid dielectric.
73

Press Jones, N8UG - The Wireman, Inc., 261 Pittman Rd, Landrum, SC 29356
<Press@thewireman.com> or <orders@thewireman.com>
800-727-WIRE(9473)(sales)
Tech help 864-895-4195, fax 864-895-5811.Full catalog, images,
descriptions, coax specs,
 ordering, at http://www.thewireman.com and super deals, specials,
close-outs etc.,
at THE WIRELINE. Check the CALENDAR to find us at a hamfest!

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rick <rick258@home.com>
To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>,
         vhf list <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 18:33:08 -0500
Subject: [TowerTalk] LMR-600 for rotor loop??

Is it possible to successfully use LMR-600 (not LMR-600 ultra flex) for
rotor loop transition from hardline? I see that the minimum bending
radius is spec'd at 1.5" so I propose "looping" several feet of LMR-600
around the top of my new tower to use as the transition from hardline to
the antenna feed point.  If this is not practical, what is the lowest
loss feed line acceptable for rotor loops?   Thanks  Rick wa5rt