[TowerTalk] Rohn BX towers

TexasRF@aol.com TexasRF@aol.com
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 20:33:04 EDT

It appears that the gripes about the Rohn BX series 10ft boom limitation will
be going away in the near future.

I received notification from Rohn marketing dept that they will be
discontinuing the BX line in the near future.

Fortunately we still have Trylon Titan self supporting towers available in
all of the sizes that the BX towers were offered AND many more sizes up to 96
ft tall. I have to say that after handling both brands of towers that the nut
and bolt construction of the Titan series gives a much better impression of
security than the BX aluminum rivet construction.

Another plus that has come up recently has to do with repair of section
damage (thank you very much Mr. Truck loader). The legs and braces are
available seperately for every Titan section and they will ship via UPS for a
fraction of the truck freight charges associated with shipping BX sections. I
might mention that a replacement leg and a couple of braces cost about 20% of
what a similar BX section costs.

It is sad to see a once popular ham related product go away but in this case
I think it not so bad after all things are considered.

We will be offering closeout pricing on our remaining BX tower inventory so
if you are looking for anything along these lines you should call us while it
is available.

If you have wanted a capable self supporting tower but have been turned off
by the limitations of the BX series perhaps you should take a look at the
Titan towers at www.texastowers.com.

Thanks/73 de K5GW, Texas Towers