[TowerTalk] ? Yagi Interaction on 15m: KT34XA and XM240

Michael Tope Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 08:13:16 -0700

Hi Jeff,

Your MFJ-259 VSWR curve is very similar in shape to the KT34XA that we put up at
W6UE. Your actual VSWR values are a bit different, but the peaks and valley's are
all in the same places. The measurement I made on UE's KT34XA were made before
we installed the 4 element 40. The antenna was by itself at 102' when the measurement
were made.

The interaction between the 34XA and the XM-240 should be linear with power unless
you are heating up a balun or something like that. Do you have a separate coax run for
the XM-240? If so, try changing the shack termination from open to short to 50 ohm
dummy load to see if the KT34XA VSWR changes. This will give you some idea of the
degree of interaction. If you have the separate feedline for the XM240, put a wattmeter on
it in the shack to see how much power is being coupled in from the KT34XA.

Also, what equation are you using to convert the W-4 power readings into  VSWR?