[TowerTalk] Yaesu G-5400B Computer Interface

ValErwin@aol.com ValErwin@aol.com
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 11:40:20 EST

Towertalkians:

I went to  a local hamfest over the weekend and picked up a 2-3 year old
Yazoooo G-5400B az/el rotator - $200!! This model has a computer interface
port that does not appear to be RS-232. Does anyone in hamradio land know how
one interfaces to this? So far, I have found that L.L. Grace makes a
box/software for $300+. There has to be a cheaper way?!?! The Yazoooo manual
on the rotator says "zip" bout the computer interface port although it does
appear on the "skizmatic" w/o disignations as to function-- Hmm??

I did check out the rotator on the bench and the az/el functions are 100% but
of course no way to check out the computer port on the control box --

Any help would be appreciated. If all else fails, I will go to Yazoooo --

TNX in advance --

Val
W5PUT
"Deep In The Heart of Texas"