[TowerTalk] Looking for some ideas using wooden power pole for tower

K7GCO@aol.com K7GCO@aol.com
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 16:01:28 EDT

In a message dated 8/31/00 3:02:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time, poster@gate.net
writes:

<<
 I want to use a power pole 100ft tall and would like to get some ideas
 make a sled system that would go up the side of the pole to raise my
 antennas
 up and down.

 Jack
 WB4ROY >>

 Mount supported 2 aluminum angle arms out from the top of the pole or
toweron each side.  Run 2 cables down on each side and secure at the bottom.
Run 2 legs of a 10' tower over the cables on one side.  Mount rotator/mast in
tower.  Have a big diameter pulley at the top and an equal weight or winch
with a pony brake on the other side of the pole.  Run this carridge up and
down the pole on a wire track.  Run the counter weight on the 2 cables on the
other side.  k7gco