[TowerTalk] Moth Ball Story

WA9ALS - John jfleming@shelbynet.net
Sat, 2 Sep 2000 06:45:54 -0500

> >Yeah, the ol' moth ball trick really works.
>
> Be careful, folks.  Moth balls will *kill* the family cat.  The vapors
> cause irreparable liver damage.

Yeah:  "If there is a rapid deterioration of the patient's condition,
progressing to convulsions and coma, the outlook for recovery is grim".

Moth balls contain naphthalene and paradichlorobenzene.  Besides the cat
and OM, I can't imagine the vapors would be very good for feedlines and
switches either.

Need a safer alternative?  I found this http://hedgeapple.com/ where it
claims: The Hedge Apple, grown on trees, a unique safe orderless insect
control method for moths and other home pests.  It is a safe effective
alternative to possible toxic vapors from moth balls.  Guess you'd need
a larger junction box at the base of your TOWER!  73 - Practice Safe
Hamming!