[TowerTalk] FCC RF Safety Regs Info Sept 1

Tom Rauch W8JI@contesting.com
Sat, 2 Sep 2000 12:23:31 -0400

> once some enviro wacko gets enough people into a crisis mode and gets
> restrictive laws passed that have no real scientific base in fact, they
> are almost always impossible to reverse. I recently had a friend who was
> diagnosed with a small brain tumor and had it removed. His doctor said it
> was probably caused by exposure to RF when he served in Vietnam as a field
> radioman. A 5 watt VHF field radio melted my buds brain.....

I've seen the falsified study in California misquoted to say it proved
"cell phone" damage.

The study uses the term "cellular damage" in the context of
meaning damage to cells.

The most amazing part is that study was the only link between
cellular (meaning in a cell, not a cellphone) damage and non-
ionizing radiation besides what cooking the cell would cause.

Cooking the cell is not accumulated over months of exposure, it is
a short term "ding" and it's ready to serve type of damage.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com