[TowerTalk] FCC RF Safety Regs Info Sept 1

Ed - K0iL K0IL <k0il@arrl.net>
Sat, 2 Sep 2000 11:51:26 -0500

On Saturday, 02 September, 2000 2:20 AM, Fractenna@aol.com
[SMTP:Fractenna@aol.com] wrote:
> I have serious concerns about the 'dummy' compliance calculators that are
> making the rounds.

Just remember this simple statement:
You cannot "prove" anything is safe, you can only prove it is unsafe.

I recommend reading "Science Under Siege" by Michael Fumento to fully
understand the simple statement above.  It's subtitled "How the
Enviromental Misinformation Campaign is Affecting Our Laws, Taxes, and Our
Daily Life".  It's a really good book.  Came out in 1993 and is full of
good info on many enviro-mental scares like Alar, Dioxin, Love Canal, Agent
Orange, food irradiation, and electrical and magnetic fields to name a few.
 It's a real eye opener.

Here are some interesting statements that are true:
Eating cooked food (conventional or otherwise) has never been proved safe.
Eating uncooked food has never been proved safe.
Breathing has never been proved safe.
Oh well.  Time to go die just to be safe!
Or as Algore would say, "Life is a risking living scheme".

73,
de ed -K0iL
"Paradoxically, the healthiest people in history live in constant fear of
death."
-- Nicholas S. Martin, exec. dir. of Consumer Health Education Council.