[TowerTalk] 45ag2 top section inside diameter??

Stan or Patricia Griffiths w7ni@teleport.com
Tue, 05 Sep 2000 13:21:04 -0700

Hi Rick,

My Rohn Catalog shows the 45AG2 has 2 3/8" OD 2" Standard Pipe at the
top.  Since pipe is measured using the ID, a 2" pipe has a 2" ID.  I have
no idea what the tolerances are for this ID measurement and you have to
bear in mind that you need to allow some clearance if you are planning to
put a rotating mast inside of it.  You probably need about 0.050"
clearance for a good fit and still allow rotation without binding.  I
think you will end up needing an odd sized mast which might be hard to
find.

Better you should consider getting a 45AG3 top which uses 2 1/4" OD 14
guage tubing at the top and matches a 2 inch OD mast very well.  I know
this sounds expensive, but it will certainly cause you a LOT less trouble
trying to match a mast to it.  If you go with an odd sized mast, then you
have to worry about it fitting the rotator and antenna mounting hardware
properly . . .

All you asked about was dimensions of a 45AG2.  Did I assume too much?

Stan
w7ni@teleport.com