[TowerTalk] 2-Piece N Connector Question

dick@pobox.com dick@pobox.com
Wed, 06 Sep 2000 14:16:26 -0500

6 SEP, 2000 - 1400 CDT

Hello Kermit...

I am attempting to install the 2-piece silver-plated N connectors on
9913-F (flexible) coaxial cable.  This is my first experience with
either of these particular items.  I have installed lots of the older,
multi-piece N connectors on 9913 cable.

Does anyone know of any particular installation techniques for these
connectors?  After I tin the cable braid (as per instructions), and try
to screw on the inner connector body, the *&^!@! braid gets pushed
away from the body into the PVC jacket leaving only the inner polyethlyne
jacket and fragments of aluminum foil to solder to.  I spent two hours
last night trying to make this system work!  Not!

I may have to go back to the old style N connector.  But it does not
provide near the pull-out resistance as does the newer style.

Any suggestions?

73 - Dick Isely, W9GIG
      dick@pobox.com