[TowerTalk] Force 12 2/2

R. Otto R. Otto" <N8NGA@one.net
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 23:13:05 -0400

Hello ray,

I'm sending this to the reflector to help eliminate confusion for
others. You asked about the Force12 2/2 beam which is a WARC beam with
2 el each on 12 & 17.  In the next statement you asked "Would like pro
and con on the antenna from anyone with experience with the Force 12
80 meter beam". Are you asking about another Force12 beam?  Was that a
typo?

>From the Force12 catalog......

**WARC 2/2   The 17 and 12 mtr bands just opened up! Want to hear and
work the DX springing up on 17 and 12? The answer is the new WARC 2/2.
An easy to handle 7'9" boom is all there is to having a pair of high
performance 2 element Yagis in the air.  A single feedline makes the
WARC 2/2 a dream to put up and begin to enjoy DXing on these WARC
bands. First used on the recent VK9LZ DXpedition, Paul says, "The WARC
2/2 is very, very good!"**

73's from.......

R. Otto
N8NGA@one.net
Cincinnati, Ohio

DXCC 10M         ** DX is !! **        WAS 10M
       There is a very fine line between
         "HOBBY" and "MENTAL ILLNESS"
When trouble arises and things look really bad,
there is always one individual who perceives a
solution and is willing to take command.
      VERY OFTEN THAT PERSON IS CRAZY!

rr> I am new to Reflector.  I am considering purchasing a Force 12 2/2
rr> beam.  Would like pro and con on the antenna from anyone with experience
rr> with the Force 12 80 meter beam.  It would be used 98% of the time for
rr> DX.
rr> Reply to KB5DO@arrl.net to save space on reflector.  Thanks

rr> Ray KB5DO