[TowerTalk] Tram question.

Greg Fox fox@obsolete.org
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 09:55:39 -0500 (EST)

I'm raising a C31XR to the top of 100' of 25G. It's resting place
will be about six inches above the flat top section. I'll be using
3/16 EHS wire rope for the tram line, and a pully at the top of
the tower and down at 30' for the haul line.

The antenna hangs underneath the tram line, which leaves me in a
dilema. Would it be possible to tram the C31XR up to 100' than
remove the tram line and attempt to lift or hoist the antenna
into place a foot or two above where the tram line left it? Or,
would it be ok to affix the tram to the 2" 6061T6 alluminum tubing?

My insides tell me not to do the latter, and I'm sure you guys
probably will too. I've thought about making some sort of steel
raiser that would clamp to the 25G and give it extra height, but
that seems falible also.

I'd really like to tram it right into place so I don't have to
man handle 90lbs of spread weight 100' in the air. However, I
guess it might be alright if I tie it in such a way so that it
can't pitch or roll, but rather, just slide straight up.

73s, de Greg / KE9R