[TowerTalk] Tram question.

Gerald Smith w6ter@worldnet.att.net
Fri, 08 Sep 2000 09:25:48 -0400

Greg,

One method I read about is to secure the ground end of the tram line
with a come-a-long. Secure the top end of the tram to the mast, above
the beam attach point. After raising the beam to the top of the tram,
have the ground crew reduce tension on the tram using the come-a-long.
The effect will be to allow the beam to be swung in to the mast.

Maybe our own tower tech, "Prime Directive" K7LXC, will have a comment
on this methodology.

Gerry, W6TER