[TowerTalk] ground leads from tower-mounted units

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Fri, 08 Sep 2000 14:16:46 -0400

I am about to install a second rotator and stackmatch.  Both rotator and
stackmatch run on DC, and each has a ground lead.  Now here's the question
-- the control cables for the two units total 11 conductors (including the
two grounds) and the biggest Cinch-Jones plug/jack set I have is 10
conductors.  Is there any reason not to pass the two ground conductors
through the same ground pin on the plug, making them electrically common at
that point.  I wouldn't think so, but I've been fooled before.

Thanks in advance.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR

Contesting is ... Extreme Radio

The World Contest Station Database