[TowerTalk] 80 Fone/CW ant

Fred Hopengarten k1vr@juno.com
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 12:15:33 -0400

On Sun, 10 Sep 2000 15:39:10 -0700 Tom K Osborne <w7why@juno.com> writes:

> I have an 80 meter inverted "V" and when going from fone to cw, I 
> have to
> let the end down and add a jumper to lengthen it out.  Is there a 
> way
> (not with a relay) to do that from the shack? 

K1VR:  Yes. Change to an open wire (parallel, or tuned feedline) and use
an antenna coupler.

Fred Hopengarten K1VR                        
Six Willarch Road * Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
781/259-0088 *eFax 419/858-2421

FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/towertalk
Submissions:              towertalk@contesting.com
Administrative requests:  towertalk-REQUEST@contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-towertalk@contesting.com