[TowerTalk] 80-75M Inverted Vee or Dipole

K7GCO@aol.com K7GCO@aol.com
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 15:58:22 EDT

Let me drag you all kicking a screaming back to the last Century.
1.) Cut an Inverted vee or dipole (no bow tie needed) for 1/2 WL at 3.6 MHz.
2.) Connect 136' of open wire line (121.6' 450 ladded line).  This really
works
     great on 160M also but the feedline is twice as long.
3.) Short out feedline and grid dip to 3.6 MHz.
4.) Connect one feedline wire to center of coax switch or directly to rig.
5.) Connect other feedline wire to stator of BC 3 gang variable all tied
together.
6.) Connect rotor frame to coax switch or rig ground.
7.) Obtain low SWR all over the band with the least loss of any system in
existence
     today.  How to do this I'll leave up to you to figure out.  It's a
training program
     for those who got their license after Art Collins set back efficient and
     inexpensive RF transfer with the band switching pie network final and
coax use.
     Long live balanced or unbalanced Link Coupling with series Xc and open
wire line.
     Coax is just a fad and it will die off.

Yeah I know it's a balanced feedpoint at the bottom connected to an
unbalanced source of RF.  I spoke to the RF and it will behave.  Although the
BC variable shaft is at ground potential I'd put a plastic knob on it.  I'm
going to write this up for one of the magus.  As one operates higher above
the resonant frequency, the antenna inductive reactance reflected at the
bottom is tuned out by the BC variable leaving the Rr part of the antenna Z.
Have you got the picture?  It's a very safe system to use.  This also works
with all band trapped verticals or beams.  Resonate antenna low and operate
there or above it.  For coax length use 91' 2" of .66 VF.  Can you figure the
rest out?  K7GCO