[TowerTalk] Concrete base close to house foundation

Lonberg, Hank Hank.Lonberg@Harrisgrp.com
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 10:49:26 -0700

Jean:

Actually it can. What you want to do is to make sure that the bottom of the
tower foundation is at the same elevation as the bottom of you house
foundation. This will prevent the tower foundation loads putting a
horizontal load on your house foundations. You don't say what kind of house
foundation you have, is it a continuous wall footing, a basement wall, ??

You also need to have the bottom of the tower foundation at or below the
frost line, ask your building department about this. This will prevent frost
heave problems in the spring.

Hope this gets you going

Hank Lonberg P.E. / KR7X