[TowerTalk] Guys lines and yagis

K7GCO@aol.com K7GCO@aol.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 04:29:40 EDT

<< In a message dated 9/13/00 4:53:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
steve@oakcom.com writes:<<
  Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com> wrote:

  >So tell me, how many cases did you model to confirm your
  >K7GCO rule always works? Can we expect other tower owners to
  >go out and remove the insulators breaking up their guylines with no
  >ill effects, as long as those guy lines are 1/2 wl from the antenna
  >and tower?'
 *****That is a dumb question.  If they are in there--leave them in there.

  One of the reasons I went with non-conductive guys virtually right
  to the ground, is that wire antennas and beverages are likely to
  sprout up around here, at any place, at any time, at the slightest
  provocation.
 ******Good thinking although they would be in danger near the ground with a
brush fire.

  I have no control over this :-).  So I figured I'd do it (the guys)
  once, and be done with it.
********However if the guy distance was long enough to the -1/2 WL point
where you could use a grounded with radials sloper 1/4 or 1/2 WL vertilcal on
80 or 40M--3 or 4 of them.

  Steve K8LX