[TowerTalk] very short verticals over chickenwire

K3BU@aol.com K3BU@aol.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 12:03:56 EDT

In a message dated 9/14/2000 11:38:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time, k6ll@juno.com
writes:

>  So what would be the
>  most efficient way to feed something like this at the 1500 watt
>  level? Anyone out there have any ideas or experience in this area?

I use 1/4" copper tubing coil (about 8 turns?) accross the coax between the
ground connection and bottom of the (mobile) vertical. Use soldered and large
surface area connections with hose clamps. You can use larger diameter tubing
and find minimum turns for 50 ohm match. It also provides DC ground path in
case lightning chose to find the midget :-)
I think that is about as efficient match as one can get. I run about 800W and
no signs of fire or peeling paint.

GL Yuri K3BU/m