[TowerTalk] Cutting Coax

Jimmy Weierich kg2au@stny.rr.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 12:50:25 -0400

For those of you who chose to use coax, I have just discovered a
nifty tool for cutting it, the Sears Craftsman Handi-Cut.

This tool was advertised heavily on TV several years ago for cutting
rope, garden hose, carpet, vinyl tile, etc. It is like a giant pair
of pliers that presses a blade, similar to a long utility knife
blade, against an anvil. It makes clean, square cuts on RG-213
without crushing the coax and with very little effort.

My recollection is that the cost was about twenty dollars. I have
found it useful over the years for cutting a number of difficult
materials more easily and safely that using a utility knife. The
blade is replaceable and inexpensive. I wish I had thought of using
it for cutting coax a long time ago!

This may sound like an advertisement, but I have no connection to
Sears other than having exchanged a lot of cash for Craftsmen tools.

--
Jimmy Weierich, KG2AU       <kg2au@stny.rr.com>
Vestal, NY  USA           FN12xa