[TowerTalk] 40 meter antenna fix thanks

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 15:04:15 EDT

In a message dated 9/14/00 10:17:32 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jhfitzpa@facstaff.wisc.edu writes:

> Thanks to all those who replied to me on my 40 meter antenna problem. I
>  neglected to mention (old age) that there is a 204BA above the Cushy 40.
>  However, as many suggested, by slinging the boom off the mast or gin pole
it
>  may be possible to rotate the boom and swing the element close enough to
the
>  tower to fix it.

    Typically an antenna above or below can be dealt with. What you can do is
rotate the boom of the other antennas so that the elements are vertical so
they're more or less out of the way. The problem you have is that you can't
roll the boom of a Hy-Gain antenna.

    The alternative way to do it is to lower the bottom antenna down the
tower a little ways so that it's out of the way. Don't you have to do
something with the bottom antenna anyway so it doesn't interfere with your
tramming?

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Tower Tech