[TowerTalk] Open wire line convert

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 06:17:12 -0600

Hi Jay,

I don't try to match the ladderline to 50 ohms.  I'm using my
ladderline fed antennas on several bands so I accept the
mismatch at the antenna and use Johnson Matchboxes
at the transmitter end. KISS principle (Keep it simple stupid).
Works for me.  For 50 ohm antennas I just use CATV hardline
in multiples of 1/2 WL.  For verticals, I use coaxial transfromers
to transform 17 to 35 ohms up to 75 ohms +/- a bit.

73,  Tom

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.