[TowerTalk] Propagation / Beam Headings Responses

Jim Reid kh7m@hsa-kauai.net
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 14:41:56 -1000

> > Propagation prediction tools are useful IF you recognize
> > their limitations.
>
> I almost never find them useful on 160 meters.

Have you tried Proplab Pro?

Have a look at:

http://solar.spacew.com/www/proplab.html

Does some amazing plots;  but is not cheap,  and takes a
LOT of data input to set up.  It is not an "on the fly"
prop predictor;  but an in depth study tool.  Least that
is what I have found.   And,  it is in DOS,  if that
should bother you,  hi.

Its' use on 160,  along with skew path predictions was
written up in one of the ham magazines a couple
years ago;  not sure which one.  Not sure how it
does with the sunrise/sunset times phenomena.

73,  Jim,  KH7M