[TowerTalk] Stainless hardware

KI7WX@aol.com KI7WX@aol.com
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 09:31:54 EDT

Fasteners:

McMaster-Carr (www.mcmaster.com) has a very nice supply of harware in various materials. They also have implemented a super online ordering system and catalog. Delivery times on the order of 2-3 days using ground UPS.

For tower bolts I decided to try USA made grade 8 cap screws with something called "ultra-coat". Supposed to be twice as resistant to corrosion as comparable galvanized fasteners and are available in fine or coarse threads in the size I needed for 55G sections.  Grade 8 bolts are probably overkill for this application, but the cost isn't large so what the heck.

Mark
KI7WX