[TowerTalk] re 40 antenna name the flame thrower

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 12:19:35 EDT

In a message dated 9/20/00 12:04:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time, n9iww2@gte.net
writes:

> Does someone have an article on a 40 meter beam call the flame thrower CQ
>  magazine wrote it up back about 1985 it was a 3 element full size 40 meter
>  beam worked great I seen it at peter Dahl site in elpaso TX looked very
>  large work extremely well to I'm thinking about building on the my station.

    BIG antenna, BIG tower, BIG rotator, BIG bucks, BIG job.

    If my goal was to build something with that kind of performance, I'd
stack two XM240's/402CD's. With that system it's Ham IV's, 25G and VERY
similar performance to the big full-sized antenna PLUS selectable angles and
paths.
Tres' cool!

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Tower Tech