[TowerTalk] Guy installation question

Nat Davis ndavis@vt.edu
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 12:27:03 -0400

I hope I am coming to the end of my continuing series of questions on my
tower expansion....  Please bear with my tower-novice questions...  I am
adding a section of Rohn 25 to my existing 30'  house-bracketed tower to
bring it to 40' (40' is as high as I can go before running afoul of my
town's set-back requirements for my lot size).  There will be enough tower
above the bracket that I need to add one set of  guys for stability.

Guy wire ground anchors are in place.  I want to use perform grips to
attach the guys to the turnbuckles down at the anchors and I have borrowed
a come-along and cable grip to pull the guys during this process.  Once I
install the last tower section (with guys attached to it), how should I go
about the process of connecting the 3 guy wires to the anchors and then
tensioning them?  Would hope this could be done without having to adjust
the perform grips once they are attached!

Thanks for your suggestions.

Nat Davis
N4EL