[TowerTalk] Force12 disassembly

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 10:48:34 EDT

In a message dated 9/21/00 7:33:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
thaxton@ptgroup.com writes:

> I am putting up a C3SS for a short period of time, 6 months.  I have
>  not worked with this type of antenna assembly, ie riveted, before
>  and wish to solicit advice as to what I will need to do to
>  disassemble it when I take it down.  I assume, we all know what
>  that means :), that I can drill out the rivets with the correct size drill
>  bit and then reassemble the antenna at another location with new
>  rivets.  Is this a valid assumption?

    No problemo, Senor. You can use a felt pen to mark the correct joint
dimension for easy reassembly. Also, bundle each element individually like
they come from the factory and you won't make any mistakes.

    The drill size is 1/8".

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech