[TowerTalk] Hardline to PL259 NOT PL258 (Barrel)

Robert Shohet kq2m@mags.net
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 19:53:43 -0400

Gentlemen,

Thank you all very much for the time that you have taken to describe your
techniques, tools used and so on.  I have learned a lot!  I am still though
without an answer as to how to attach hardline to a pl259 so that the
hardline has a pl259 on the end of it and NOT a pl258 (barrel).

The hardline to pl258 is wonderful but it can not be used in all situations.
Some situations that I need to address require me to somehow put a pl259 on
the end of the hardline.  This means that I need to core out the hardline
(although W8JI has give a fix for that- tnx Tom) and then use something to
attach to the pl259 outer ring.  I haven't found a pipe fitting that will
screw onto 3/4" hardline yet allow a pl259 inside of it.  Maybe I just
haven't found it yet.  Any ideas on how to accomplish this?  or is making a
hardline/pl259 adapter a futile task (remember I am not talking about the
hardline/pl258 adapter described by others).

73

Bob KQ2M