[TowerTalk] RE Rohn's hardware de K0FF

K0FF K0FF@ARRL.NET
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 08:56:34 -0500

>This is why for example the tower bolts that Rohn supplies use a fine
>threads and no locking hardware. >

Mike while that may be correct for the Rohn 25 only (I think.....don't use
guyed towers here). All the larger sizes, 45 and up use hot-dipped grade 5
NC (coarse) threads and are supplied with PAL nuts as locking hardware (a
form of jam nut). It's the flat spring nut made from stamped sheet metal. It
is screwed over the machine bolt to keep it from backing off. The BX series
shows std. lockwashers under the nuts in their catalog.
Commercial Microwave towers use 1/2 NC hot dipped w/ splitwasher.

What's good for the goose.......