[TowerTalk] RE Rohn's hardware de K0FF

Stan or Patricia Griffiths w7ni@teleport.com
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 00:01:25 -0700

You are right that all the sizes of tower larger than 25G use coarse threaded,
hot dip galvanized bolts and nuts but NO lock washers or PAL nuts.  Rohn does
supply PAL nuts for some applications, but not tower leg bolts.  I specfically
asked Rohn to tell me why they used fine threaded hardware on 25G and they could
not give me a reason . . .

Places Rohn supplies PAL nuts for include all the bolts used on the TB3 and TB4
thrust bearings.  I can't think of any others right off . . .

The last shipment I got from Rohn included a batch of AS25G rotator shelves that
were NOT hot dip galvanized ! !  I have not had a chance to ask for an
explanation yet . . .  they look like they have some sort of protective coating,
but definitely not hot dipped like the other ones I have received from them.
Some areas appear to have been PAINTED with a spray can . . . ! !  But it is a
lousey paint job at best.

Stan
w7ni@teleport.com