[TowerTalk] DCU-1 problems

George Fremin III - K5TR geoiii@loja.kkn.net
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 12:38:20 -0700

On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 01:13:42AM -0400, Dick Green wrote:

> I have DCU-1 and calibration worked flawlessly for two years. Then recently
> I had a problem very similar to yours -- the calibration would stop
> prematurely. After fooling around with it for a while, I was able to
> calibrate correctly. I don't really know what I did to make it work.

I to have seen the DCU-1 act in this way - but it has been
so long ago I do not recall the solution.  I would suggest that
you do as Dick suggests and reset the processor.

> removed (I think they just use a capacitor to maintain the settings for a
> few minutes if you lose power or unplug it briefly.) My advice is to unplug
> the unit and let it sit for at least an hour (overnight would be better.)
> That should wipe out any garbage in memory and hopefully the unit will be at

I do not think this will work - the DCU-1 that I use is often
unplugged for two or more weeks and it has yet to forget
it's settings.

--

George Fremin III
Johnson City, Texas             "Experiment trumps theory."