[TowerTalk] Johnson Match Box

Charles W BWW Burkhardt cburk001@juno.com
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 11:58:48 -0700

Gentlemen: I picked up a Johnson Match Box for $20, at a garage sale of
all places. Thought I'd try it  with ladder line to a 40 meter vertical.
There is no model No. on the unit-says catalog no. 250-23 on the back. No
diagram. It  has a 115 VAC relay to connect the tx to the antenna and
this has to be actuated to connect the antenna  to a transceiver.  I
would just as soon not have to activate it whenever I am using the rig.
Has anyone  worked out some way to bypass the reley-after removing what
seems to be a hundred screws? Thanks in advance. Charlie, K0GPf