[TowerTalk] Rohn 25 and T2X question #2

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 13:49:16 EDT

    My previous message was sent out incomplete. Here's the whole response.

In a message dated 9/28/00 5:37:23 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
n4vhk@summitschool.com writes:

> I've received 4 responses about putting the Tailtwister in a top section
>  of Rohn 25-
>  Here they are-
>
>  - yes, if you put it in before you put up the top section. (My tower is
>  already up....)

    Hmm. The AS25G rotator shelf will only fit at the leg junction and it
looks to me that there isn't enough clearance between the two adjoining
horizontals vis-a-vis where the rotator will sit to give enough clearance for
T2X operation without cutting some braces out (I took a T2X out to the
boneyard to a 25G section to try this). Has anyone actually mounted a T2X in
this spot and what did you have to do to get it to fit and turn?

>  -Yes, but only where there are no diagonal braces, which is OK since you
>  can't put a Rohn rotator shelf where there are diagonal braces anyway.
>  (Thats where I want to put it...)

    That's the right answer. The tapered tops all have areas of no diagonals
for this purpose.

>   -Yep, as long as it is one of the sections that doesn't have any
>  diagonal braces it'll fit right in. (got it)

    Same as previous answer.

>  -Nope, a Ham IV gets barely muscled in with minor force.

    A Ham IV will fit just fine - looks like the T2X has limited 25G
application.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech