[TowerTalk] A method of making connectors/spices for CATV coax-NO dissimilar metal contact. K0FF

K0FF K0FF@ARRL.NET
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 12:31:56 -0500

A lot of good hints flying around recently concerning the splicing and
making connectors for the cheap (free?) CATV coax cable that's falling into
our hands.
Most if not all the ideas are good, and repeatable, but I decided to tackle
the problem, and came up with my version of "the" solution.

The first criteria was performance. Paramount is NO dissimilar metal joints.
The second was availability and repeatability along with minimum tool work.
The  third was weather resistance.
and the last ( most important?) was cost.

Please view the results in this folder, and look under "CATV Coax". One
section is on splices and another on connectors.

Comments, improvements always welcome.

HTTP://homepages.dstream.net/K0FF/HomebrewTips

Happy Building, Geo>K0FF