[TowerTalk] Opinions - Comparison 40-2CD / XM-240 Antennas

M K Miller qcs0041@lexcominc.net
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 16:55:13 -0400

Thanks guys,

In the 24 hours since I raised the question, I' ve received 25 responses
and a wealth of good information on both antennas. As info: out of the
mods in a couple of cases ), and 6 preferred to go with a new XM-240 as
they were very pleased with theirs. Most of those 6 had previously had a
40-2CD and decided to replace it with the newer antenna, some as a
result of storm damage to the original.

O K --knowledgeable hams have spoken;  now I am going to strengthen my
40-2CD and put it in the air. I started this afternoon with taking the
shrinkwrap covering off of the trap ends---result = 6 out of 8
connections corroded badly enough to warrant replacing.
Obviously, I 'll replace them all........That will be tomorrow's
starting place, and I 'll go from there.

I appreciate everyone' s assistance / info------ Thanks again

Vy 73,
Kent - K4MK                             http://www.qsl.net/k4ihn

List Sponsor:  ChampionRadio.com - Trylon self-supporting towers,