[TowerTalk] guyed tower reference?

Richard L. King k5na@texas.net
Mon, 06 Aug 2001 14:32:45 +0000

This may be likely if the tower has only one ground anchor point on each leg.

If you were to use two guy points on each corner of the tower, then the
tower would likely crumple instead of falling flat out. This is because it
is unlikely that two guy points on the same leg would fail at the same time.

So put your guy points at 40 feet and 80 feet from the base of each tower leg.

73, Richard - K5NA