[TowerTalk] Phillystran

Steve Maki steve@oakcom.com
Wed, 08 Aug 2001 23:03:01 -0400

K7LXC wrote:

>    ERRRRRR. The potting terminations are for old, original Phillystran ONLY.
>(You can recognize it by it's stiffer jacket.) The current generation of
>Phillystran (which has been around for 6-8 years) uses specially designed
>Preformed grips ONLY.

There is an alternative to Big Grips - the factory calls them spelter
sockets, which are similar to the old potting terminations, but heavier
duty. In fact, spelter sockets are the ONLY option on the larger sizes
of Philly (26,000 lb - 260,000 lb. The factory installs them - you just
specify your lengths.

A little more expensive, but very convenient.

Steve K8LX