[TowerTalk] New book announcements

Tom Osborne w7why@harborside.com
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 00:38:43 -0700

Eugene Jensen wrote:

>Take the subject of SWR -- and before World War II, it wasn't >even seriously considered as part of the design of wire >antennas.

Back in my novice days (early 50's), we (hams in general) used to
use a lot of "twisted pair" for feeding antennas.  Stick up a
wire cut somewhat close, hook up the feeder and go on the air and
talk to people.  What was the impedance??  Who cared!  What was
the SWR?  Who cared!  It worked and we worked guys and thats all
we needed to know.  73
Tom W7WHY

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----