[TowerTalk] my KT34XA is high on 10-15m after cleaning contacts !!!

Marc Wullaert marc.wullaert3@pandora.be
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 20:48:01 +0200

To the antenna guru's,

I need some help here.I cleened all the contacts ,shortingstraps, of my
KT34xa.
Now the antenna is ready to go up the tower again.I checked vswr on all
bands
on 50feet high.Jeesus the antenna is resonating on 10-15m to high.In the
lower ends
is about 2.3 swr (28.000-28160 than its drop and have a 1.1(resonate) on
28665.
the same on 15m resonate vsw 1.1 on 21.450.if i look at the curves it's got
to go up quickly around
21.450.
I checked all the dimensions in the book.The antenna was working ok before,
buth when cleaning and lubricating the contacts and elements joints whit
noalox
I noticed that the shortingstrap type "A" for the capacitor tube have a
opening even
the srew is fully thight.I placed a aluminium plate 0.5mm thick between the
strap and
capacitor tube.There is still some movement.Shoud that be wrong?I measured
the shortings
whit a ohm meter and all showes a very low resistance(0.1).
All the mods are on the beam already like putting a screw where possible to
have a good contact.
It is ok on 20m.it's about 10 years old now and yes I have bleu caps and
there all ok.Even the
capacitor tubes tickness are ok.
I'm thinking to build some 20 shortings straps type "A" on my one ,now KLM
is not anymore
on the market.Is there someone there who have a rebuild kit in spare /dont
need it anymore
they sold at KLM some years ago where alle the straps/caps where included.
Otherwise give me a offer.
or maybe someone also have  the same problem and find the fix.Just curious.I
even
changed the reflector lenghts "C and B".but little effect.It is some work,
up and down moving this bastard on the tower.

73
marc on4ma

List Sponsored by AN Wireless:  AN Wireless handles Rohn tower systems,

-----